MedBiquitous develops XML and Web service standards to advance lifelong learning, continuous improvement, and better patient outcomes for the health professions. All standards go through our rigorous ANSI-accredited development process.
Certificates for CE and certification related activities
Competencies, learning outcomes, and learning objectives
Defines core curriculum data for a health professions education program.
Describes learning activities and content
Healthcare Professional Profile
Profile data on healthcare professionals
Medical Education Metrics
Continuing education evaluation data
MedBiquitous Virtual Patient
Enables interoperability of computer-based patient scenarios
Activity Report allows organizations to electronically compile CE and Maintenance of Certification certificate data across providers, making it easier to track lifelong learning and improvement.
Activity Report Standard (PDF, 658 KB)
Implementation Guide (PDF, 135 KB)
Implementation Toolkit (Implementation Guide, Specifications, Schemas, Examples, ZIP, 918 KB)
The Competency Framework allows competencies and learning outcomes to be used as the backbone of education and performance management systems, enabling users to search for resources addressing a specific competency and determine where competencies are addressed in the curriculum.
- Competency Framework Overview
- Competency Framework Standard (PDF, 417 KB)
- Competency Framework Schema
- Implementation Guidelines (PDF, 190 KB)
- Implementation Toolkit (Implementation Guidelines, Specification, Schemas, Examples, ZIP 947 KB)
Curriculum Inventory is intended to facilitate the exchange and aggregation of data about health professions curriculum across the continuum of professional education and training. It is necessary to enable the aggregation of curriculum data for research and benchmarking purposes.
Healthcare LOM provides a standard way to describe learning activities and content, making it easier to find resources and maximize their value and reach.
- Healthcare Learning Object Metadata Overview
- Healthcare Learning Object Metadata Standard (PDF, 888 KB)
- Healthcare Learning Object Metadata Documents and Schemas (ZIP, 1.07 MB)
- Implementation Guide (PDF, 213 KB)
- Implementation toolkit (Implementation Guide, Specifications, Schemas, Examples, ZIP, 1.24 MB)
The Healthcare Professional Profile provides a standard XML format for profile data on healthcare professionals, making it easier to exchange and compile profile data across organizations.
- Healthcare Professional Profile Overview
- Name Schema and Specification
- Address Schema and Specification
- Professional Profile Schema and Specification
- All schemas and specifications
- Implementation Guide (PDF, 235 KB)
- Implementation Toolkit (Implementation Guide, Specifications, Schemas, Examples, ZIP, 2.9 MB)
Medical Education Metrics (MEMS) provides a standard format for CE outcomes data, allowing educators to bring outcomes data together across systems and organizations for better research.
Medical Education Metrics Standard (PDF, 1.26 MB)
Survey Items Specification (PDF, 449 KB)
Implementation Guide (PDF, 160 KB)
Implementation Toolkit (Implementation Guide, Specifications, Schemas, Examples, ZIP, 1.54 MB)
Virtual Patients are interactive computer programs that simulate real life clinical scenarios for educational purposes. The MedBiquitous Virtual Patient standard (MVP) enables the exchange of virtual patients across systems and institutions.